Being COVIDSafe at MPavilion
1. Maintaining Physical Distancing together
- maintain 1.5 metres between yourself and others at all times
- arrive 10-15 minutes before your event begins to secure your allocated seat
- follow the signs: there will be signage and floor markings to guide you through the space
- stay in your allocated seat or space where practical
- leave the venue as soon as your event finishes so we can clean before the next session
- set boundaries around outdoor venues, and maintain safe distances between presenters and audiences at all times
- adhere to strict venue capacities, with most events having allocated seating. Standing events will be limited to 50 people at any one time
- actively (and kindly) remind audience members to maintain physical distance
- maintain 1.5 metres between ourselves and others at all times
2. Cleaning & Hygiene
- practice good hand hygiene: wash your hands regularly and use hand sanitiser
- sneeze or cough into your elbow
- make cashless payments only, including Apple Pay
- eat and/or drink individually-portioned food and drink, available from our kiosk at selected sessions only (sorry, no Keep Cups!)
- have hand sanitising stations at the entrance—and around—each venue
- clean each venue thoroughly before and after each session
- wear masks when coming into close contact with the audience, plus other personal protective equipment (PPE) while cleaning
3. Contact Tracing
Contact tracing is a process of gathering information about the people who someone with coronavirus (COVID-19) has had contact with, and locations the person has been when they are infectious.
(From Victoria State Government’s Department of Health and Human Services)
- register at a venue by scanning the QR code at the entrance as soon as you arrive
- consider downloading the Federal Government’s official COVIDSafe App (we kindly recommend, but do not enforce, this step)
- take your name, email address and phone number at the entrance of the venue, as soon as you arrive
- will only store your contact tracing personal information for the required time (currently 28 days). After this time, your information will be securely deleted. During the 28 days your information is stored, it will only be available to the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services if they request it.
4. Awareness and care
- You are required to wear a mask when you attend our events
- pre-register your free ticket (to secure your place and skip the queue!)
- stay at home if you feel unwell, and organise to get officially tested. No matter how mild your symptoms, or how sure you are that you don’t have COVID-19, you are doing the best for our community by staying at home
- know the symptoms of COVID-19 – fever, coughing, sore throat and shortness of breath
- read / look at our COVIDSafe signage (if you are able)
- follow our COVIDSafe directions
- alert our staff if you begin feeling unwell while at an event
- refuse entry and / or service to anyone displaying COVID-19 symptoms and insist they leave the venue. This is our legal right as event holders, venue operators, colleagues and community members
- put in place contingency plans if events need to be moved or cancelled, and communicate with you if anything changes
- answer any questions you may have. Our safety rules may be strict, but we are very friendly! If you’re unsure about anything before you attend an MPavilion event, you can email us. We are here to help make your visit to MPavilion safe, comfortable and uplifting.
MPavilion 2020 is delivered under a COVIDSafe Plan, with guidance from the Victorian State Government, City of Melbourne Council and independent risk assessors.
Our COVIDSafe Plan will be updated as circumstances change and our website will be updated with any additional information for your safety.
If you’re unsure about anything before you attend an MPavilion event, you can email us at email@example.com.